- My hair journey began at the age of nine years old. Doctor’s report that I suffered from a condition called seborrheic dermatitis and that there wasn’t a known cure. The doctors began to prescribe various medications, shampoos, oils, etc. to assist in the management of symptoms including dry scalp, dandruff, inflammation, and hair loss. My mother quickly realized that the products were expensive and highly ineffective. Instead of giving up and allowing my condition to worsen, my mother decided to try products that could be purchased in the neighborhood beauty supply store. Products such as Selsum Blue, Head and Shoulders, Blue Magic, Tee Tree Oil, etc. until I was old enough to receive hair care from a professional stylist.
- At the age of 16 I decided go to the local beauty salon. There I decided to try hair relaxers, color, and deep condition treatments. Little did I know that my efforts to develop a healthy hair care routine only damaged my scalp and further aggravated the seborrheic dermatitis. The inflammation, dandruff, dry scalp, and hair loss only worsened and resulted in limited hair growth. This routine continued for approximately seven years without progress or relief from the above mentioned symptoms. I was often unable to wear dark colored tops for fear of showing large amounts of dandruff on my shoulders and back whenever I turned my head or scratched my scalp.
- At the age of 23 I became peg ant with my daughter and was told by my hair stylist that I could no longer receive relaxers due to the risk of chemical exposure to the fetus. At that point I decided to cut my hair to the root in order to transition into a natural approach.
- Shortly after my pregnancy I met Ms. Angela Tyler, the CEO of Natures Hair Food. Ms. Tyler introduced me to the natural hair product that quickly changed my life. After receiving an initial treatment I immediately experienced the healing and restorative results that she promised. My symptoms faded, hair began to grow, and I was no longer worried about the uncontrollable dandruff that burdened me for most of my life.
- I am truly grateful for Ms. Tyler’s Natures Fair Food products. Today I can feel confident in my appearance and proud to say that my condition is managed by a natural hair product that promotes healthy hair/scalp, moisture, body, and shine
– Lauren Taylor